Unity Text to Win Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to those who text “YesUnity” to 31996 and who are eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Unity Health Care (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Unity Health Care as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted via text starting on or about July 19, 2018 and ending August 2, 2018. All entries must be received by August 2, 2018 11:59PM EST.
- How to Enter: To receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, entrants must send the word “YesUnity” as an SMS text message from his or her mobile device to shortcode 31996. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Unity Health Care. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Unity Health Care.
- Mobile Device Terms: Entrants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to play by text message. Some mobile providers may block messaging to short codes. Not all wireless carriers participate. Standard message and data rates will apply. Entrants must check with his or her wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such message, data, and wireless charges. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a mobile device entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the mobile device at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile device by its respective wireless service provider. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Administrator’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Prizes: There will be one (1) prize winner. The winner will receive four (4) 2018 season passes Six Flags America and All-Season Parking Pass to The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of this prize is $400. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Unity Health Care to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via text to the number they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Unity Health Care shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Unity Health Care, anyone acting on behalf of Unity Health Care, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Unity Health Care reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Unity Health Care may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Unity Health Care. Unity Health Care reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Unity Health Care has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Unity Health Care reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Unity Health Care and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any device, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States of America AND Washington, D.C., WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington, D.C. having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Unity Health Care, 1100 New Jersey Ave., SE, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20003. Requests must be received no later than September 1, 2018.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Unity Health Care, 1100 New Jersey Ave., SE, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20003, USA
Abbreviated Rules: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Contest is open to legal residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia 18 years of age or older. To enter, text “YesUnity” to 31996. Sweepstakes runs July 19, 2018 through August 2, 2018. ARV of prize is $400. Visit www.unityhealthcare.org/contest-rules for Official Rules. Sponsor: Unity Health Care, 1100 New Jersey Ave. SE, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20003. Standard text messaging rates apply.