Information from Unity Health Care on the COVID-19 Vaccine
Don’t delay! Stay safe and get protection against COVID-19 and schedule your vaccine appointment today!
Directly schedule your own vaccine appointment at the health center of your choosing.
Unity currently provides the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for individuals ages 18 and older.
A few important notes on COVID-19 vaccine appointments:
- Unity Health Care is now offering the Moderna vaccine which has been approved for adults 18 years and older at our community health center locations.
- Beginning June 12, Unity School-Based Health Center's will provide the Pfizer vaccine for adolescents 12 years of age and older. Appointments can be scheduled online or by calling the School-Based Health Center of your choice.
- You will need two doses of the same vaccine for full protection. On the day of your first appointment, you will receive an appointment or your second dose.
- We are committed to providing the vaccine to our patients and community members. To stop the spread of COVID-19, we encourage you to get the vaccine as soon as you are eligible. Patients of Unity are not required to receive their vaccination from a Unity Health Care vaccine clinic. To learn more about the District vaccination efforts please visit vaccinate.dc.gov.
Do I need a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine?
The CDC now recommends that people whose immune systems are moderately to severely compromised should receive a third dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine.
The additional shot should be given at least 28 days after a second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. The third dose should be the vaccine that was used for the first two shots.
Who is considered moderately to severely immunocompromised?
- Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteriods or other drugs that may suppress the immune response
Unity patients that received the Moderna vaccine and meet one or more of the conditions above, please call 202-469-4699 or schedule your appointment through the Patient Portal to schedule your third dose.
If you are a Unity patient who received the Pfizer vaccine, please contact your original vaccination site or visit vaccines.gov. for more information.
Have questions? We got answers!
Beginning Monday, April 12, DC residents age 16 and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Unity Health Care is currently offering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine which is available for adults 18 years of age and older.
Beginning June 12, Unity School-Based Health Center's will provide the Pfizer vaccine for adolescents 12 years and older.
Beginning June 12, Unity School-Based Health Centers will provide the Pfizer vaccine for adolescents 12 years and older regardless of where they attend school or if they have been seen by Unity in the past. A parent or guardian must be present during the appointment for patients who are less than 18.
To make an appointment, click here to schedule online or call the School-Based Health Center nearest you.
Cardozo School-Based Health Center
1200 Clifton Street NW Washington, DC 20009
Call for Appointments: 202-727-5148
Woodson School-Based Health Center
540 55th St. NE Washington DC 20020
Call for Appointments: 202-724-2287
- Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), and other Chronic Lung Disease
- Bone Marrow and Solid Organ Transplantation
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Conditions, such as Heart Failure, or Cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised State
- Inherited Metabolic Disorders
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Liver Disease
- Neurologic Conditions
- Obesity, BMI - 30 kg/m2
- Severe Genetic Disorders
- Sickle Cell Disease
Unity currently offers the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine which is approved for adults 18 years of age and older at our community health center's.
Beginning June 12, Unity SBHCs will provide the Pfizer vaccine for adolescents 12 years and older. Schedule your appointment online or by calling (202) 469-4699.
Brentwood Health Center
1251-B Saratoga Ave NE
Washington, DC, 20018, US
Upper Cardozo Health Center
3020 14th Street NW
Washington, DC, 20009, US
Parkside Health Center
765 Kenilworth Terrace NE
Washington, DC, 20019, US
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
East of the River Health Center
4414 Benning Road NE
Washington, DC 20019
Minnesota Avenue Health Center
3946 Minnesota Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20019
Anacostia Health Center
1500 Galen Street SE
Washington, DC 20020
We strongly encourage patients with questions about vaccine safety, side effects, and/or their health, to discuss them with a Unity provider during their visit.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a huge library of resources about the COVID-19 vaccine on their website. Visit www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/ to learn more.
Does it work?
Is it safe?
Are there side effects?
Do I need the vaccine if I already had COVID-19?
Can I stop wearing a mask once I got the vaccine?