At Unity Health Care, your health matters. We are at a critical point in our efforts to stop the spread of the coronavirus in our communities and the country. As we continue to respond to the rapid developments regarding the coronavirus crisis, we want to assure our patients and community members, that our team of healthcare professionals have put into place precautions to reduce exposure and keep our patients safe and healthy. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will provide timely updates for patients as we learn more.
To Our Patients: What You Need to Know - Unity Health Care’s Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Your health matters. As our community faces challenges related to the coronavirus, Unity is committed to keeping our patients healthy and safe. We are now offering telehealth video and phone appointments. Whether you’re feeling sick or just need a routine check-up, you can see and speak to your provider from the comfort of your home. Call (202) 469 –4699 to make an appointment.
All you need is a smartphone or a computer with video capabilities to schedule a telehealth video appointment! Don’t have a smartphone? No problem. You can schedule an audio-only visit through any telephone.
If you already have an appointment scheduled, you may be contacted to switch your in-person appointment to a video or telephone appointment.
Call us at 202-469-4699 BEFORE coming to one of our health centers, especially if you are showing signs of fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
Update on Services
- Effective March 23rd, WIC is no longer seeing clients in person due to the coronavirus emergency. WIC will complete new and subsequent certifications over the phone and will send WIC vouchers by mail. The following locations are open and providing remote services:
- Upper Cardozo – 202-299-1554
- East of the River – 202-388-7752
- Anacostia – 202-610-5491
The following locations are closed, but available by phone:
- Minnesota Ave (HUH) – 202-865-4942
- Parkside - 202-388-8177
To stay up to date on closures and services, visit dcwic.org/covid-19
If you are a WIC participant and are having trouble finding WIC foods or formula in the stores, make sure to first contact the store manager to request the items. You can also call 202-442-9397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report shortages.
- Enrolled in Produce Rx? Click here to learn how to get your vouchers.
The following services have been suspended until further notice:
- Non-emergency dental services
- Procedure clinic
- OMT clinic
- Group visits
Precautions at our health centers
We encourage our patients to continue to seek medical care or mental health services through telehealth appointments by video or phone.
The following appropriate measures to protect our patients and staff and provide the safest environment possible:
- All patients and visitors seen at our health centers will be screened for symptoms of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Masks will be provided for patients with symptoms such as fever and cough.
- Personal protective equipment has been made available for staff.
- At this time, only one visitor per patient will be allowed at appointments.
- Unity is following information and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities.
As we respond to the urgency of the coronavirus crisis, please note our updated hours and temporary closures for our health centers:
To protect yourself and others from the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and at least for 20 seconds.
- If you don't have access to water, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice social distancing by standing at least six feet away from other people.
- If and when possible, stay and work at home and only leave to get essential items.
- When to go to the ER vs. Unity Health Care flyer
- Self-Quarantine vs. Isolation flyer
- What to Do if You’re Sick (CDC flyer)
- How to Stop the Spread of Germs flyer (English and Spanish)
- Know Your Symptoms flyer
- DC Health Coronavirus Updates
Resources for Residents:
- Free meals for DCPS students
- Emergency Food Resources - Comprehensive list for access to food and other resources by DC Food Project
- Day Centers and Meal Sites - Distributed by the Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Medicaid Expands In-Home Telemedicine Services - Medicaid providers who can now deliver in-home healthcare services via telemedicine to also include behavioral health services
- DC WIC - Important updates to WIC program in response to the coronavirus